Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Do what now?

The movie The Golden Compass is coming out soon, and I wasn't sure what to think. Sure, I read the books, and for a couple years I always thought that an American movie studio could never make the trilogy into a movie because it was a little more adult than children's book. Also one of the big bads is God.

So, I noticed some controversy, and that the Catholic league was still complaining. They then said this:

The US Conference of Catholic Bishops however has been more nuanced in its approach warning in a review of "The Golden Compass" of its "anti-clerical subtext, standard genre occult elements, character born out of wedlock, a whiskey-guzzling bear."
Wait, what?

A whiskey-guzzling bear!

Yes, that's right. I'm sold. ALl you need to say is whiskey guzzling bear and I've got my milk duds and am on the front row.

No comments: